Thursday, April 16, 2015

10 Reasons To Prepare For An Economic Collapse

It was not that long ago that the country of Greece suffered a devastating collapse of their economy. At the time, there was a lot of blame game going on but, at the end of the day, it was years of irresponsible and unrestrained spending that took them down. That, coupled with questionable accounting practices and misstated economic indicators left the Greek citizens befuddled and angry when the reality of a depression hit. Could the same thing happen here? Not to be depressing but in going through my own thoughts as I answer the question “What am I least prepared for?”, I realized that it was time for a wake-up call and time to re-evaluate my own preps within the context of an economic collapse. Looking back at what happened during or our own Great Depression, I have come to realize that an economic collapse, if it were to happen, would have the compound effect of combining all woes we so diligently prepare for into one huge mess – a mess that may take decades to resolve. I worry about this, because, as prepared as I may be, I find it difficult to wrap my head around a mega collapse that will result in food and water shortages, power outages, civil disobedience, medical anarchy, and worse. A global economic collapse, unlike a natural disaster which, as tragic as it may be, is a short term event, will change our lives forever. Time for a Wake-Up Call Back in 2012, Michael Snyder wrote about the lessons we can learn from the financial melt-down in Greece. At the time, being a prepper in the United States typically branded you as an nut job.



10 Reasons To Prepare For An Economic CollapseRead more about 10 Reasons To Prepare For An Economic Collapse

No comments:

Post a Comment