Monday, December 15, 2014

Cleavage And Robot Journalism: Mainstream Media's Highly Sexualized News Diverting Americans From Critical Issues (Picture)

(image: Home Page, New York Times, 21 March, 2014) Having been raised in the 60's and 70's, I was weened on the notion that the human body is not shameful and, depending on conditioning, potentially something of great beauty. However should I take a moment out of my day to educate myself on issues of pressing importance, such as war and peace, or health care, or the loss of my privacy to my "elected" government, then I might want those issues presented in more focused manner. Highly sexualized news appears to be a growing marketing trend. But it isn't growing here.



Read more about Cleavage And Robot Journalism: Mainstream Media's Highly Sexualized News Diverting Americans From Critical Issues (Picture)

No comments:

Post a Comment