Monday, August 26, 2013

CamoTherapy: 7 tips for shooting from a vehicle

As discussed in my previous post, many states grant disabled hunters the privilege to shoot from inside a vehicle. Should you choose to hunt from a four-wheel blind, here’s some advice based on my experience: Keep the gun unloaded Never trust a gun’s safety, and never cruise around with a loaded firearm in the vehicle. Keep the chamber empty and the action open until you’re ready to shoot. Wiggle room Make sure the vehicle has enough interior space for you to aim and shoot safely and comfortably. My needs are rather roomy because a point man (usually my friend Ron) aims for me while we both view the sight picture on the scopecam, and I decide when to activate the trigger. Engine off Vibration from an idling motor can make it difficult to aim, so switch off the engine. Proper rest Whether you hunt from a treestand, ground blind or vehicle, a steady rifle rest contributes to accurate shot placement.



CamoTherapy: 7 tips for shooting from a vehicleRead more about CamoTherapy: 7 tips for shooting from a vehicle

No comments:

Post a Comment